Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday: The freezer is like a magic box of preserved foods

Yes, I know, "duh." But even though I tend to load things into the freezer, I seem to rarely take things back out.  It's like a leftover graveyard or something.  However, I've been craving chili for a few days, and despite not remembering to defrost any beforehand, I do have piles of it in the freezer from when I made it (apparently like three months ago).  It's still super tasty, although it is also still so spice.
I didn't take a picture, and all the other google image results for "bowl of fire" were stupid.
(Somewhat) Interesting fact: that strainer/skimmer in picture 6 in the recipe broke a few days ago when it got tangled up in the other stuff when I was closing the utensil drawer. I think that's the only time I actually used it, too.

I was going to talk about my new phone, but it was dark when I got home, so that'll have to be a tomorrow topic.


No comments:

Post a Comment