Saturday, May 19, 2012

Saturday: Yes, I already did two posts today, but I didn't do the boring one

I was going to wait until after making dinner, but I think I'm just going to have a sandwich instead of sticking to my plan.  I'll move it to tomorrow instead, to add to the suspense.  I did do kurukuru again for lunch, where I had to order everything.  When I arrived, the only things on the belt were kimchi and wasabi.  Ick.  I also stumbled across a "what's the right option" situation.  I ordered a plate of ebi fry.  Moments after the waitress left, an army of ebi fries came down the belt.  I didn't take one, as that kind of seemed like it'd be rude. "Oh, sorry, you're too slow, Sushi Waitress. I got it from the uncaring robot instead."  I know she just pulled one from the belt (I recognized it), but it didn't seem to be the right thing for me to do that.

"I'm Dr. Bearzo, the Rock-and-Roll Bear, and I do cocaine!"
Squareness.
Oh, I found another story:

I was watching pawn stars on tv, because I'm lazy, and wanted something I could have in the background while reading the internets.  I don't think I have anything on the DVR that I can use as background noise at this point, so it had to be something live.  In any case, the pawn star guys bought some Confederate money at something like twice the face value.  Since I was looking at Scooby-Doo stuff earlier for this post, that reminded me of this episode where Scooby inherits a million dollars, but: Oh no! Surprise! It's Confederate money, so it's "worthless."  This didn't really seem plausible when I was little, and if those bastards on History channel are throwing money at it, it must be wrong.  So, let's look, and it looks like Scooby inherits $500 bills, which are in pretty good condition due to being an image copied into the animation.  Let's look at ebay, the center of trading good money for shit you don't need.  There's some crazies selling at like $1100US for one, but I can find them going for $300.  That means that Scooby could get 60% of face value without much trouble in today's market.  Blah blah inflation?  Still works out to about $100,000 in 1968 dollars.  That's about 11 years of the median 1968 wage.  Not a bad value.


No comments:

Post a Comment