Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tuesday: Definitely sick

It was pretty easy to confirm, given that I woke up with my throat continuing to be on fire, and coughed up things that were in colors you're not generally supposed to cough up.  I think that means that bronchitis is back again for a standard summer visit.  It wasn't so bad that I felt it necessary to go to the doctor, but if it hasn't cleared up somewhat by tomorrow, I think that's my next step.  I figured that it'd be super busy today after the three day weekend, and sitting in a room with sick people (even if I am myself sick) isn't ever fun.

My strategy for dealing with it today was to drink a bunch of water, and sleep in in the hope that would resolve it.  That helped, but there's only one thing that can truly help when you're sick:
Unfortunately, those don't exist until the Great Mushroom War.
Since my apartment has no soup, no juice, and pretty much nothing needed for getting not-sick.  This led to me driving across town to get the best soup in the world:
Ramen.
While I was sleeping this morning, I had planned on getting this, and that led to a weird dream where I did, but forgot to order extra menma.  In reality, when I went, I also forgot to order extra menma.  That didn't matter, however, as there was no menma in the store to be had.  In any case, the super thick and rich broth helped my throat, and I got gyoza so I could make an extra spicy dipping sauce to help as well.

And then I went and bought soup and juice and vitamins and other various drugs that can be used to mask the symptoms of being sick while my immune system gathers resources and launches a counter-attack.

One more thing I noticed while sleeping this morning: after I woke up, I turned on my TV to the news, as that's usually a nice drone for the background.  It was generally fine, as Martin Bashir's voice is reasonably calm, except when he decides it's time to be gratuitously sarcastic.  However, he's followed up by Chris Matthews, who shouts all the time.  Even worse, Matthews is followed by Al Sharpton, who doesn't ever stop shouting.  Someone should really introduce these people to Bob Ross.


  • Tiny red panda.
  • That's an interesting story.
  • This can be summarized by just noting that gun manufacturers's best interests are to sell guns to criminals, and then convince regular people that the only way to defend themselves is if they also buy lots of guns.  Stunning how close this is to the NRA's view.
  • Why top tax rates should go up.
  • "Oh, no, cat.  They'll never find your body.  I'll make sure of that."

No comments:

Post a Comment