Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Tuesday: WHO WOULD BELIEVE IT, HUH, AGENTS OF SHIELD?!

I MEAN, YOU TOTALLY JUST LET ROBOT GIRLFRIEND DO WHATEVER SHE WANTED AFTER YOU LET HER READ THE DEMON BOOK.  HOW COULD YOU EVER FUCKING KNOW SHE'D GO EVIL ON YOU?  IT'S A MYSTERY!

I mean, fucking come on.  Why didn't you put at least some any security on things?  I'm actually kind of hoping the show gets cancelled, because then at least I could watch something with fewer idiots doing things.

And I'm not happy with this, which was a look at the "are people dying faster than expected" problem.  I realized I could just use my thin plate spline interpolation code to fill in the gaps in my census data, but when I took the differences between adjacent years for people in the same birth year cohort (the numerator in the fraction plotted on the z-axis), I found that it had lots of noise.  The interpolated years (2011-2014) have lots of noise too, and after that it's using projected values, which have no scatter.  So I need to think about it more.  Based on this at least, 2016 shouldn't be more murderous than any other year, unless the "famous" distribution is more strongly peaked for older people than it has been in the past.

  • This was a good read.
  • My two comments on the quote in this:  1) why are the Hispanic and Asian immigrants able to afford the high taxes and housing costs that are being used to claim the white middle class has fled California; 2) I will always have contempt for people from the heartland who claim to be Christians, but have clearly just voted for someone who is the complete antithesis of the actual teachings of Christ.
  • Hrm.  So a) Squirrel-Girl, so nuts will be eaten, butts will be kicked.  Good. I hope this has no effect on her solo comic.  b) I'm not terribly a big fan of Iron Patriot, because that's a bad name.  Plus the original was a bad guy, so I hope they don't try to pull a "this one's a bad guy too!"  But I don't know Toni Ho, so who knows.  It's harder to make a pre-existing character suddenly be a bad guy.  c) A red hulk is a bad idea, even if it isn't Ross.  Same "other one's a bad guy/is this one a bad guy too?" d) I was really hoping that was going to be Captain Miss America Chavez, but I guess she's Captain America 20XX.  Oh, she's the daughter of Jessica Jones and Luke Cage.  Ok, nevermind. e) I don't know anything about Enigma.  I guess she's just an ...  f) The other two guys.  I have never cared about D-list X-Men.  Frankly, the list of X-men I do care about at all is pretty short.
  • Pokemon people.
  • Basically what I do too.
  • Team Rocket.
  • Dog.
  • Health care discussion 1.  Health care discussion 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment