Sunday, December 4, 2016

Sunday: Something not work-related.

So it's apparently been like three years since I last went to the Bishop Museum.  After the movie yesterday, I thought this would be the most likely place to get a decent book on Hawaiian mythology.  I did, and like a third of the book is about Maui.
The main building.
The Bishop museum is like four buildings, each having different exhibits.  This is fine most days.
Most days aren't as rainy as today, however.

Maui.

Kaneikokala.  He is a shark god who helps people.  I suspect he's a form of Kane, as Kane has lots of forms.

Hawaiian Hall.

A model of a reconstruction of an ancient boat.

"Hey that looks like Manoa."  It was Manoa.  The mountains don't change.

One of the other buildings was taken over by Dora and Diego.

It did have a nice exhibit on the Bishops, though.
 Then the science building.
Yeah.

Glow in the dark pig.

Even though it was raining, I walked through the botanical garden.

Hibiscus.
 Last night, I watched this video:

It was wrong, and asserted that In-n-out was better than Five Guys.

So that was what I had for dinner.  Or late lunch.  Now I'm hungry again.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment