Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sunday: Well I guess I'm watching Frozen again.

So here are some Frozen thoughts.

1) Is the royal family of Arendelle also in charge of the trolls?  I assume the trolls lived there before the humans, since they're made out of rock and all.  So did the humans invade, and do a "this is all our land now" thing?  Or did they show up and were just "oh, hey, trolls.  Can we live over here by the water?" and the trolls were fine with it?  They seem to be on good terms, even if the king has to go get the big book of trolls, so I guess it's the second one, but the trolls seem a bit overly-deferential.

2) Who runs the kingdom during the interregnum?  Why isn't that person in charge again when Anna runs after Elsa?  Who put that council of people from other countries together?

3) I've always assumed that since this scene:
Where Elsa creates Olaf.
is followed by this scene:
Where Elsa lets the wind blow her cape away.
that just off camera, Olaf is doing his "I'm Olaf, and I like warm hugs!" bit, following along with Elsa, commenting on the song going on, and then when the cape flies away, says something like, "Oh!  You dropped your cape!  I'll go get it!" and that's why Anna and Kristoff find him way down the mountain.  He's there looking for the cape.

4) Why are those wolves such jerks?  They can't be suddenly hungry, it's been summer all summer, and the snow just fell like the day before.

5) Does Kristoff not know that that was Elsa and Anna when they first saw the trolls?  That's how he met the trolls.  They clearly announce that he's the king.  He totally looks like a king.  He says he saw them "fix it" before.  I think the only conclusion here is that Kristoff is painfully stupid.

6) I just realized that the second gif up there has the wrong lyrics.  I guess that's what I get for just searching giphy to find things.

7) Fixer-upper is a bad song.  They should have done a thing where they're going to start singing, only to have Old Grandpa Troll roll in and shut it all down.  "Don't you recognize Anna from the beginning of the movie?  We don't have time for a dumb song!"

8) I can't imagine that Hans would actually have been able to take over the kingdom.  Some jerk rolls in, both members of the royal family die, and that jerk runs things?  Fuck that shit.

9) I also would say that Elsa, being Queen, totally has the authority to fuck up everyone with ice powers when they invade her ice castle.  Who the fuck visits a country, declares their Queen a monster, and tries to kill her?  Jerks.  Jerks who deserve to get fucked up by ice powers.

10) Elsa probably should have gone to talk with the trolls too, even though OGT's advice at the beginning of the movie was basically garbage.  "Hey, you need to have really bad anxiety and isolate yourself from everyone."  You are bad at not-magic shit, OGT.

11) Hans is actually pretty lucky that Anna froze fully at that moment, because if he'd told Elsa that she was dead, and she wasn't, and then he killed her right in front of her, I'm pretty sure she would killed him in the most painful way should could have.

12) Those boats are fucked.

13) I kind of want to work out the thermodynamics of Olaf's flurry.  Not today, but at some point.

14) Arendelle is kind of a super power a the end.  I suspect that won't be covered in the sequel.

15) This TV cut moved the end credits scene with Marshmallow to before the credits.  Huh.

I also got cheesy tots for late lunch:
The burgers at Teddy's continue to be not the best.  Still, I wanted cheesy tots, and I know of only one place that makes cheesy tots.

And I got a free little bit of milkshake, because they made too much of three of them, and just randomly gave them out to people in the restaurant.


No comments:

Post a Comment