Saturday, December 3, 2016

Saturday: This is kind of a time sensitive operation. How do you not understand this?

I mean, I get to the mall, discover that there are infinite people there, ask them all to move down one parking space so I can park, go to the theater, wait in line while everyone takes far longer than is necessary to get tickets, and then go inside to get my standard movie hot dog.

"Um, we don't have any ready," the counter guy tells me as his coworker takes hot dogs off the rolly-hot-dog-cooker-thingy and puts them into buns and wraps them.  "It'll be ten minutes."  I don't understand how your hot dog construction process works, movie theater food counter guy, so maybe there's some rule that you have to put hot dogs into the warming trays for ten minutes after they come off the R-H-D-C-T.  I don't know.  What I do know is that you're working in a movie theater, one of the very few places where people go that has set times for things to happen.  I don't have ten minutes to wait for a hot dog, I am going to see a movie.  What is wrong with you?

Also, what's wrong with your orange Fanta?  Is there anything you had working correctly?

Anyway, Moana is good, the music is noticeably Lin-Manuel Miranda, Maui is kind of a jerk, Moana probably didn't even need Maui if she could have found a less-jerky person to teach her sailing, and the twist at the end is something I probably should have seen coming.  Also now I need to go learn more about the mythology of Pacific Islanders, because that's an area I haven't studied as much as I should.

And then I got curry.
The sushi place was busy, and I wasn't really in the mood to wait (since I didn't have a hot dog in my tummy), so I didn't, and went across the way to the ramen place that opened a while ago.  I have a ramen place, so I didn't really want to get that, and I was kind of put out that their five gyoza side is nine damn dollars, but curry rice sounded good.  Plus, it'd be way more filling than sushi.

It's good.  This is probably my new curry place.  Coco House Ichibanya makes a spicier curry, but with the exposed kitchen, I end up smelling like fried food for the rest of the day.  That doesn't happen at Goma Tei.  Plus, look at all the stuff in the curry!  THERE IS STUFF IN THE CURRY!  Onions, carrots, potatoes, and unless I was just fooling myself, both chicken and beef bits.  What did I say on Twitter?

Oh also, there was a Twitter joke in Moana that was kind of funny.


Also this happened while I was eating lunch.  I don't really know.
Then I finished my talk for Monday, because I want to do something not-work-related tomorrow.

What is even going on with Wonder Woman's swimsuit?
This is where I remember that I had to fix a database crash with my RSS stuff this evening, so I haven't read everything yet.

Ok.  RSS read.  Why did I open up fourteen things?


No comments:

Post a Comment