Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Wednesday: I'm kind of done with this crossover thing.

Mostly because I'm coming in from Supergirl, and they're spending all their time talking about characters I have no interest in.  I'm also trying to figure out why they decided to make Oliver Queen super hardcore.  He's Green Arrow.  He shoots people with a bow.  He's kind of been silly since forever.

But, here's this gif stolen from io9, showing my favorite scene from yesterday.
And it was rainy today.

When I went to get lunch, I saw that someone had lost a Tsum.
I also saw this map while reading my internet stuff today.  A quick search indicates it's from the Southern Poverty Law Center, so it's probably pretty accurate:
I'm glad to live in a "zero" state.
But while searching, I found a webpage that was shouting about how "the most incidents are happening in states that voted for Democrats!  Democrats are really the racists!"  Except, duh, obviously that's stupid.  What's a common feature for blue states?  "High GDP?  High levels of education?  Increased safety nets that help people recover from problems?"  That's right, blue states tend to be more populated, which is why this bullshit election is such bullshit.  In any case, let's plot the incident numbers against population:

Huh.  Wow.  You can fit a large amount of the trend with just "population."  My by-eye fit indicates that you're likely to get one asshole for every 400k people in the state.  



No comments:

Post a Comment