Saturday, November 12, 2016

Saturday: No unadon? :(

So I went to the new Shirokiya Japan Village, because I thought that was the most likely place to get good unagi don.  I could not find it at any of the stalls.  There was an unagi bento, but it was premade and didn't look super appealing.  After wandering and wandering, I decided to settle for the katsu don place:

It was delicious.
Delicious as in "this shouldn't be this tasty for only $9".  It's kurobuta pork, and was super tender.  My only complaint?  No delicious sweet broth.  I don't know why that always seems to get left out.
This is not a very good picture of what Shirokiya looks like now.
Shirokiya is one of the oldest Japanese retail companies.  Was.  They don't have any stores other than the one here in Honolulu.  And that's mostly food now.

I forgot that blogger sometimes puts that symbol on my panoramas.  Any way, there's a Guardian Spirit area.  None of the names are visible, but Kannon is there, on the far left.
And this is where I was going to put a link to my picture of the statue of Kannon/Guanyin at the Honolulu Museum of Art since that's what wikipedia is usuing, but I apparently have never posted that in any blog posts?  And then I sorted a bunch of posts into the "museums" tag, because I only had two in the tag.

And the moon was out.

No comments:

Post a Comment