Saturday, November 5, 2016

Saturday: Mister Doctor.

Today's plan was to go see Doctor Strange.
It was a success.
Unfortunately, I had to go to Koko Marina to see it, since the Kahala theater was only showing 3d versions in the early afternoon.

But Twitter rolled out themed stickers to go along with it.  I've given my hot dog the Cloak of Levitation.
It's pretty good, although any Doctor Strange story has to spend forever telling you his backstory.  The end battle is interesting, and the final solution (Hey, you're an immortal elder horror from beyond time and space?  Great.  I'm going to sit here and annoy you FOR EVER unless you do what I want) is funny.  It was also nice that they just admitted "this is the Time Gem."  Everyone's probably up to speed at this point, no need to drag things out.  The call out to the Living Tribunal was kind of cool too.  

I'm not a giant fan of Bendict Cumberbatch, and there should be a but here, but I don't really have a counter-point.  I just don't really like him that much.  Ditto for Mads Mikkelsen.  This paragraph kind of went off the rails when I didn't have that counter-point, didn't it?  I was also going to say "Chiwetel Ejiofor should probably be James Bond," but I guess he doesn't want it?  Let's start a new paragraph and see if that one works better.

I also don't understand how people still don't know that after a Marvel movie, there is going to be extra stuff.  Most of the theater was gone the moment the credits started, so they miss the scene where Baron Mordo decides he's going to be evil now.  Then nearly everyone else was gone by the time the actual end scene plays, which was kind of a nice set up for the new Thor movie that's still a year away.

It was nice that all of the trailers looked interesting.  I probably won't see Logan, but I like that they have the Patrick Stewart Charles Xavier back again.  The Star Wars movie I'll probably see, just because it's Star Wars, and it looks good.  Ditto to Guardians of the Galaxy 2, which I'm guessing will be more entertaining than Star Wars, if for no other reason than because of Chris Pratt.  The biggest surprise was that the Wonder Woman movie doesn't look like garbage.  As in, "I might actually go watch a DC movie, since this isn't actual shit being smeared on the characters, their history, and the screen."  If they can confirm that Diana's friend at the end of the trailer is Etta Candy, then that'll settle it.  Well.  Guess I'm going to see Wonder Woman, then. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

And then I went to get lunch at the build-a-pizza place at Koko Marina:

Yes, I know using the Doctor Strange hair on the pizza is odd.  That's why I added the cat nose.
Sriracha sauce (which isn't super spicy), mushrooms, green onion, roasted onion (which kind of dominated the flavor), and bulgogi (which could have been more flavorful as well) on regular crust.  The crust here is far better than the one in Aina Haina, as it actually rises and creates a crust.  It was a pretty good pizza, but I probably should have skipped the onions.

I then attempted to train up the local gym in Pokemon Go, but got the "Error" thing four times, so I gave up.  Do I still have the shruggy emoji in my copy buffer? 

No.  The answer is no.

And then ice cream, because always ice cream when available.  Doubly so when the ice cream has the Eye of Agamotto.

I did stop in Aina Haina to get some stuff at the grocery store.  I probably should have gone elsewhere, especially since I stood in line for like five minutes while the cashier failed to ring up a bell pepper.  How does that even happen?  Green bell pepper.  It's probably listed under "pepper, green."

I did see these umbrellas, though, so that was cool.



No comments:

Post a Comment