Monday, November 28, 2016

Monday: Home again.

Returning home means getting up stupid early.  And I forgot to disable all the backup alarms since I woke up with the first one.  Whoops.

I got another pastrami sandwich.

SFO is generally Team Mystic.  There are a lot of Pokestops, but I didn't spin many of them.
 United has a new garbage plane, which switches the standard 777 2-5-2 seating arrangement to a 3-4-3.  This is done by cutting more than an inch off of each seat width, and does little except to give United 11% more possible revenue.  Fuck you, United.
And look at these shitty armrests.  The only bit that's padded is the 8 inch strip at the back of the seat. 

But despite this rework there are still magazine holders on the plane.  When was the last time planes had magazines for people to read?  Prior to that, when was the last time a passenger decided to read a grubby pre-read airplane magazine?  Or, to be fair, anyone read a magazine in print format?
I then got to HNL, and went to get cash for my cab ride home.  Unfortunately, something was fucked up with the ATM, which would not let me withdraw any money as I was unable to enter a value that was a multiple of "~MULTIPLE~".  Good job failing to set this value, and good job not checking that a valid value was set.  I mean, this is only super obvious and trivial, but I guess I don't make ATMs, so what do I know.  As a continuation of this, no ATM carries anything but $20s now.  Why is the "how much do you want" screen not just in "how many $20s do you want"?

Then, I had to wait in the cab line, because I guess it's also super hard to look at the arrival screen, and pre-request some cabs to show up when the planes land.  Why is all this simple and obvious shit not implemented?

Finally, I got a cab, and had to basically do the guy's job myself.  Piikoi Street.  It's a main makai-mauka route, and is like 6 lanes wide in the busiest section.  My address is larger than 1000.  Each 100 step in the address denotes a crossing of a large perpendicular street.  So obviously, the cab driver wanted to take Nimitz, which not only would double the trip time, but would start us at the beginning of Piikoi.  We'd have to drive on surface streets to drive even more on surface streets.  "No, take H-1.  Kinau exit."  Shouldn't knowing the city be a prerequisite for being a cab driver?  It got worse when we neared Piikoi, and he wanted to turn right onto Pensacola.  Why?  Because he has no clue how the roads work.  "No.  Turn left at the next light."  "Left?" he asked, pointing his hand right.  "Left!  TURN LEFT HERE!"  Piikoi is one-way at this point.  You cannot turn right from Kinau.  I guess, however, if you aren't clear which way "left" is, then the tricky features of one way streets is beyond you.

Then I went to Target, and everything is more expensive here than it is in California.

I am so far behind on links that I'm going to be putting up a bunch for the foreseeable future.



No comments:

Post a Comment