Friday, November 11, 2016

Friday: Veteran's Day.

So the second holiday of this week and this month.  I wasn't sure what I wanted for lunch, so I kept putting off getting up, and then it became too late to drive to Kapolei to get a burger.  At least that's what I told myself.
So I went to Aina Haina to get soup.  Also a sandwich, half of which is in my fridge waiting for me to decide if I'm hungry again.
In any case, while I was ordering, I felt something brush up against my leg, and was very confused, because whatever had brushed against me was very fuzzy.
Incredibly cute and fuzzy.  I was being sneaky taking the picture, so that's why I didn't retake a "non blurry face" picture.
When I left, I noticed that the sun was setting, and that it was going to make driving home annoying.  So despite deciding that it was "too late" to drive a long distance, I decided to drive home by going the long way around and then back over the Pali.

Along the way I stopped at the Lanai Lookout.
Why's it called that?
Because you can see Lanai.  I think Molokai is visible on the left as well, but even after playing with the contrast, I couldn't get them to pop out very well.
 I couldn't decide where I wanted the center of my panorama.
Lanai?

Or the sunset?
I also realized while driving that I do thinks differently than most people.  First thing: when I need to brake, but not completely stop, I tend to tap the brake pedal to the beat of the music I'm listening to.  The second thing I noticed last time I was visiting San Francisco.  My car auto-corrects to "driving straight."  This means that when I'm done turning, I can usually just let go of the wheel a bit (so it slides under my hand) and then grab it again when the car's going straight.  Julie's car doesn't do this, so I have to actively re-stear it back after the turn.



No comments:

Post a Comment