Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Tuesday: Back to work.

Ugh.

Two years ago I was still in Alameda after Thanksgiving on my first visit there.
That picture also shows where a birthday party was, as well as like 92 Pokestops.

I was planning on putting a bunch about today's comic book TV shows, but it's late, and I'm tired, and so here's just a bunch of points.


  1. Supergirl is a better show than the Flash, which I suspect is largely because Supergirl is upbeat and happy, and the Flash just spent a large chunk of this episode whining about how he changed the timeline via time travel, and now everyone hates him.
  2. I would watch an entire hour-long episode of whatever show, as long as it was just Melissa Benoist smiling as Supergirl while all the other heroes fought her for "training."  "Ok, so that one almost got me in the face.  Not that that would have actually hurt me, since you're shooting arrows at me.  Still, it was a good shot, and if I wasn't super fast and also invulnerable, it might have hurt!"
  3. They totally are using the Cincinnati Union Terminal as the good guy base in the Flash world, and that's great.
  4. "Wait, why does the name Lyla ring a bell?"  It's because she's Harbinger.  They thought, "we need to have a government agent person, who should we choose?" and went with Harbinger.  What.
  5. Mind controlling superheroes is dumb.  Stop using that dumb crutch to make your story work instead of being creative about how to make Supergirl not immediately crush all the bad guys.
  6. Agents of Shield only has one more episode before "winter break."  I just rolled my eyes, but you can't see that.  ðŸ™„
  7. Shooting the episode twice, to do the "real world" view first, and then again to do "ghost world" view was nice.
  8. "Maybe let your robot girlfriend read the demon book so no humans get corrupted?" was like my first thought.  Why don't they use Robot Girlfriend more?
  9. Second point on the topic:  "Hey, wouldn't it be a good idea to back up Robot Girlfriend before having her read the demon book, and then format her and reinstall from the backup afterwards?"  I mean, sure, Robot Girlfriend has her own agency and should have rights, but maybe being safe with demon book information is a good idea?  That would definitely prevent her from making creepy brain wireframes with her (let's just say) dimensional folding wireframe editor gloves.
  10. Third point: WTF is that dude from the mummy doing at the end of the episode?  "Instead of reinstalling Robot Girlfriend from a not-demon-book version, I'm going to sit in a chair with sunglasses on, and sing shitty songs to her while she makes creepy brain wireframes."  You are bad at everything, dude from the mummy.
  11. The Inhuman side story is dumb, and I don't care about that Senator.  Can we get more Ghost Rider instead?
  12. I mean, I want more Ghost fucking Rider.  That side story is bad.
  13. Hopefully they don't kill off Ghost Rider to go back to the Inhuman story.
blarg.


No comments:

Post a Comment