Sunday, November 6, 2016

Sunday: I decided I wanted to drive.

But first, Twitter seems to be down, and my first instinct was to ask on Twitter if Twitter was broken.  I do not like having Twitter down, as it feels like I've lost an extra sense that is always there, feeding me information.  Hopefully it'll be resolved by the time I finish this post.

In any case, I've really been enjoying the new Utada Hikaru album, so I decided to get lunch someplace far enough away that I could listen to most of it.  And I kind of wanted a greasy burger.

So Five Guys.  With another Dr. Strange sticker.  Thanks, Twitter.
It was good, but I really wish there was a $2 "sane number of fries" option.  Like, I want something like a dozen fries.  I have a monster burger, and really just want the fries to offer a variation.  I don't need a cup, plus an equal amount of not-cup fries in the bag.  Technically I also don't need that vat of ketchup, and that one's on me.

Then, I decided I wasn't done driving.

So whoops, Kaneohe.  I probably should have fixed this to have a better dynamic range.
But that's ok, even before making the mosaic, I knew I wanted to have some single shots anyway.
I just liked this one, because the way the sun is illuminating the tree.

And this one shows the mountain with the nice cloud cap that I saw better when I was driving back.  I guess it's a lenticular cloud?  It's cool.
 So then I went home.

You'll note that this shows me not going home.  Traffic at my exit was horrible, because it's badly designed (the Pali merges onto part of Punchbowl, which then merges with H-1, and the same lane is the exit onto Kinau, which is used by a lot of people to get to Waikiki), so I decided to just skip it and turn around in a less busy area.
This was apparently fortuitous, as I noticed this while sitting at the last stop light before home:
And it kindly stayed the same until I was able to get home and safely take a picture with my car in park and the brake engaged.  Because the movie yesterday had an explicit end credit about not using a phone while driving.  Since that's what did Dr. Strange's surgeon career in.
And Twitter's back.

No comments:

Post a Comment