Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday: The Continuing Adventures of Lazy

I woke up today, and went to make a sandwich for lunch using the turkey breast I'd frozen on Thanksgiving, and put into the fridge to defrost on Sunday.  However, when I picked up my brand new unopened block of cheddar cheese that I just fucking bought at Safeway, I noticed that the entire bottom end was a decidedly un-cheddar like blue color.  So I had pizza for lunch instead.

I went to the other Safeway by work to get new cheese (I'll have to return the other one tomorrow, I think), and then impulse bought a bunch of other stuff:

Like those chips. And the sandwich rolls. And the deli popcorn chicken bites.  "Wait, don't you have like 99 pounds of turkey? Why would you want chicken?" Because these are fried and crispier and I can just dump them into a sandwich with some hot sauce and declare that a meal, duh.

That said, I did slice the turkey breast for tomorrow's lunch, and I'm really looking forward to eating that sandwich.  I'll probably have pictures.

And then I took a two hour nap on the couch with my arms in the least comfortable positions possible, which in hindsight, was poorly planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment