Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday: tacos and customer service

I didn't take a picture of my tacos, but everyone knows what tacos look like.
 No.
 Seriously? No.

Anyway, after dinner I spent close to two hours trying to book a flight via phone using travel coupons that I got from a previous screwed up flight.  After telling the guy that I understood all of the stupid conditions on these things, he decided that he couldn't book the flight I wanted because it used a partner airline that isn't the right kind of partner.  I then kept him on the line while I found a better flight, that was cheaper, that met all of his requirements for using the coupon.

"I can't see that flight."

"This flight? This flight that I can totally see."

"I have the most up-to-date information on my computer, so the webpage is lying to you."

"Really? So seat 12F? That doesn't exist?"

"No, Sir, it does not."

"Not at all?"

"No, that flight cannot be booked."

"So this confirmation number that I just got via email?  That's a lie too?"

"Um...what?"

Yep.  Apparently the phone reservation people don't actually have any clue what they're doing, and you can do everything and more via the webpage.  Unless of course you want to use a travel coupon because they screwed up a previous flight.  Then, you basically have to prove to them that it can be done, they just didn't do it right, and then talk to the supervisor who twiddles enough switches to allow you to do what you tried to do when you first called.

This ignores where the reservation guy tried to sell me a flight $600 more expensive than the webpage came up with.

Anyway...

Squirtle! (via some photoshop phriday at something awful I'm sure I've seen before. Also, Julie.)

The Pikachu you see just before the blood stops pouring from your wounds, as your eyes slowly cloud over, and you hear the cold cackles of death: (via hell itself)

Also, the guy who played Baron Munchausen died. If you haven't seen that movie, you really should check it out.  It's more coherent than the book, and more humorous than the Nazi version. Also: fewer Nazis involved in the production.

No comments:

Post a Comment