Friday, November 4, 2011

Slider Week Friday: Burgers

I decided to end Slider Week with a classic style burger. Let's look at the assembly:

Bottom bun, swirls of ketchup and mustard.


Burger.


Bacon and cheddar cheese.


Lettuce, Maui onion, roma tomatoes sliced the way I intended to do yesterday with the BLTs.


Top bun.  I made sure to cook the burger quickly on high heat, but not to overcook it, to ensure that the juices didn't run out and make the burger super dry.  This worked well, and these burgers were an excellent end to Slider Week.


No salad today, as I used up the last decent looking lettuce on the burgers.  I'll need to pick up more tomorrow.  I'm thinking about going to the Ala Moana farmer's market, since I've been getting up fairly early this week (probably a residual jetlag thing).


See? I've been getting early enough to make delicious bacon and peanut butter topped cinnamon raisin bagels. Om nom nom!

Today's linkstorm:
  • Google's trying a bit. Coloring links is helpful, and I've noticed this evening that the annoying "All items" bar in full screen mode goes away as I scroll.  Going to the next item with "n" doesn't quite format things correctly, and the space that bar took up is still there, but it now shows the bottom of the previous item.  It's a start at least.  Shame they don't care to make sharing useful again.
  • And nothing bad ever happened. Ever.
  • Pokemon Snap was a wonderful game.  I seem to recall the catching Charmeleon was hard, but I don't remember if this was why or not.  I think he was just before a cave, too, so you had a really short time to get him.  I should try to get my N64 working again someday.
  • Dogs aren't very smart.







No comments:

Post a Comment