Friday, November 11, 2011

Sushi Man

My leftover discontent struck again today, and I decided that I didn't want to eat leftovers anymore.  That led to a only slightly less annoying state: indecision as to what I did want to eat for dinner.  I eventually decided that sushi sounded good, and that I should probably take advantage of my Walkability 82/100 apartment.
Yes, google, I was planning on walking. You don't have to be a jerk about it.
The yelp reviews seemed pretty good, although with the usual "OMG I was treated badly, so I'm giving it one star."  In any case, I just wanted some quick sushi that I could walk to.  I was a bit concerned they were closing when I got there, as there were no other customers.  Then I remembered that it was 8, and most people had probably already eaten by then.  Still, it feels a bit weird to be the only person there.

Three piece ahi nigiri, spicy tuna and unagi temaki (well, they called them hand rolls on the menu, even if they aren't cone shaped).  This is probably the best ahi I've had for three dollars.  It's possible the conveyor belt place has better a fish/price ratio, but this is still pretty good.  Nice firm flesh with a fresh taste, and no nasty connective bits.  Unagi was warm and rich, and the spicy tuna is still spicy on my tongue right now.

Definitely a good place for a "I don't want to make food but want food" dinner.  It's also nice to know that I have sushi within walking distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment