Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday: Cold rainy day

Ok, so the low was only 65ish today, so that doesn't really count as "cold."  It has been raining all day though, and it's pretty windy, so I guess that's as close as I get here.  However, it did give me a chance to bake without the kitchen becoming unbearably hot.

I also had to get some stuff at the grocery store, and found this:
It was a bargain at only $8.79!
It doesn't have as much character as the ciders I had in Austin, but it does have proper cider flavor, uncorrupted by stupid spices.


More leftovers for dinner.  The baking project was to finally make the dessert I was going to have with Thanksgiving dinner.  This delicious looking Nutella bread pudding:
With a slice gone.
The missing slice.
It came out a bit soupier than I wanted, which I think was due to my oven being a liar.  If I reheat the next bit in the oven, I'm sure it'll tighten up.  It's also not nearly as chocolate-y as I was hoping.  Maybe a bit of added chocolate in the leftovers will help.  


No comments:

Post a Comment