Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wednesday: Draw a Panda Day!

It's not all official, like the Draw a Dinosaur Day, but after that link yesterday, I really wanted to do one:
PANDA! :)
I'm putting this on my calendar right now, so I'll remember to draw another one next year.  If it's not a thing, I'll pretend it totally is until it catches on.

I went to the bookstore to see if I could find a book or three to read while travelling this next month.  I wanted to see if they had any new Martin Gardner books that I haven't bought yet, which led to yet another hunt through the bookstore to find the math section.  They must move it every month, because it's been in four different locations the last four times I've gone there.  I did eventually find it, discovered they had three of Gardner's books, but that I had them all (in one form or another).  Then, because some things simply infuriate me beyond reason, I sat down and reshelved half that shelf into proper alphabetical-by-author-then-by-title order.

I then found the new Castle book, which means this will be the third summer trip in three years in which I will be reading the new Castle book while travelling.  I guess it's a tradition now.  This led to the odd situation where the checkout lady began grilling me about the book:

"Do you watch the show?"
"Yeah."
"Do you know who wrote this?"
"Um, what?"
"DID RICHARD CASTLE WRITE THIS?"
"No, they have some other guy who actually writes the books (aside to self: he even has a twitter account where he posts things)."
"DID NATHAN FILLION WRITE IT THEN?"
"How much do I owe you, because I'd really just like to leave now."

I understand trying to make a connection to the customers, but this just came off as "slightly separated from reality."


No comments:

Post a Comment