Saturday, November 5, 2011

Saturday: Lunch time

I had planned on getting up and going to the farmer's market today.  That would have happened, except I woke up ten minutes before my alarm.  That annoyed me, so out of spite, I decided to sleep for another hour.  Three hours later, I woke up again.  I guess that plan didn't work very well.

I did get up in time to do part 2 of my plan:
Lunch at Hank's Haute Dogs.  For some reason, I've had the impression for the past year or so that they were buried deep in downtown.  They're not, they're basically a block from the ocean.
It's kind of tucked into a warren of car dealerships and warehouses, which isn't exactly where I'd expect to find a fancy hot dog place.

My order:
Lilikoi lime soda.  A bit heavy on the ice, but a nice fruity companion.
Truffle mac & cheese.  I like this idea, and I'm beginning to think that I might do something like this for Thanksgiving, since that's coming up.  It's a bit soupy, but the flavor is good, with just a hint of white truffle oil.
What's inside?
Oh, man, lettuce? Ick. Scrape scrape flick...
Duck sausage and foie gras.  I didn't really see the foie gras, but the flavor was definitely there.  It was tasty, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't $10 tasty.  I'll have to stop back in the future, because I want to try their chili dog.  They also have fries cooked in duck fat. That sounds really good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment