Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Tuesday: "Who are you, and why is my flying punchy friend not flying or punching?"

Today started with going to campus to futz with our computers at the data center.
It was less fun than it sounds.
Mostly because it's uncomfortably loud and hot and dehydrating.

I also stopped to get a crepe for lunch when we were done.
 I should have chosen better, because this was a sloppy mess.  You can't just throw tomatoes and fresh spinach into hot things.  They just leak all over everything, and it turns into a mess.

I probably should have moved on when I saw that they didn't have what I really wanted: a simple ham and cheese crepe, maybe with some veggie, but certainly not a full salad crammed inside.


And today was the big Supergirl/Flash musical crossover.  It starts like this:
I really hate "let's nerf Supergirl, because otherwise she kicks all the ass" episodes.  I tune in specifically to see Supergirl kick all the ass.
 Barry asks the important question, which I paraphrased above.
"I mean, I know he's like her punching boss or something, but what's your deal?"
He's Mon-El, he's a jerk, and although I don't ship Supergirl with everybody like the rest of the internet, this page where I stole the gif isn't too far off on him.  He's not a great character, and he distracts from pretty much everything.

The musical was ok.  I'm surprised they have so many people on the various shows who can sing so well.  Once it was all done, they totally should have asked Supergirl to go fly over to their current season-long bad guy and see if should could punch him into non-existence.  They're friends, I'm pretty sure she'd say yes.

Then I watched Legends of Tomorrow, which continues to be a glorious train wreck that shouldn't be as good as it is.  Today they had to use the Spear of Destiny to find a bottle of Christ's blood, but even though they travel through time ALL THE TIME, they had to do it during World War I, and took JRR Tolkein along to help them, and use their team people on both sides of the front to make a cease fire so they could do their search, but then at the last moment, they discover that Grumbly Voice Fire Dude (who used to be a bad guy) wasn't hallucinating his best friend Whiny Ice Guy (who I think is Captain Cold) all season, Whiny Ice Guy joined Team Bad Guy and has been time travelling around with them, because fucking duh, obviously, and then Grumbly Voice Fire Dude steals the Spear and goes off with the bad guys to be with his BFF.  Team Good Guy has like a billion geniuses, they can travel through time without any problems, and they still fuck it all up ALL THE TIME.  Also, maybe Grumbly Voice Fire Dude wouldn't switch sides if Team Good Guy wasn't full of jerks who keep pointing out how he used to be a bad guy.  Just saying.  They're not very super-friendy.

Kara and Barry sang a whole song about being superfriends.  They're trying.



No comments:

Post a Comment