Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Wednesday: "I did it 35 minutes ago."

Technically I did it 23 hours and 20 minutes ago.

I bought the glasses.
Because why not make my trainer look like I want.  It'll take slightly longer to get a slightly bigger team of Pokemon or bag of items.  I already have a bunch of items I don't use very fast and a bunch of Pokemon that I have mostly to scroll past.
And I got a medal today, but clicked past the award screen.
Partially because I was on my way back from Safeway with lunch and aleve.  I have three options on why, but today was just a mess of aches and pain.

And I caught nine of these driving home today.  The Exeggcute hatched from an egg.


Also today I learned that they're making a US movie of Death Note, which is horrible in itself, because DN is garbage about awful trash people.  But they're also making it with white people and setting it in Seattle, since this is how they make awful adaptations now.  That made me think about Ghost in the Shell again.

Ghost in the Shell is not shit, despite what they're trying to do with it.  I've been avoiding stuff about it, since I don't care about this remake, but something struck me that caused me to pull out my copy of the book and start rereading it.  The two scenes from this new crap movie they've been pushing everywhere are remakes of this scene from the 1995 movie, and this scene from the 1995 movie.

"Wait.  Isn't that water fight scene only in the movie?" was my brain trying to remember the details.

Blah blah, stuff happens, Kusanagi shoots the fire hydrant to disable the bad guy's camouflage.
 Some pages left out where she chases the bad guy through a market.
Then this scene where she brain-hacks Togusa to make sure he doesn't kill the bad guy, because they need to bring him in for information.
So yes, the water fight scene is original to the 1995 movie.  Oh, and the opening scene where she shoots the guy while falling?
KBOOMPH!

And then there's this.
So a lot of the 1995 scene is original too.  This new movie isn't just "a reimagining" or whatever bullshit they're claiming.  They're just stealing all the cool stuff from the Mamoru Oshii movie and putting Scarlet Johansson on the posters.  I was going to say "what's the point of just remaking something in live action?" but since I was already planning to link to this thread I saw retweeted this evening, I know the answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment