Saturday, June 18, 2016

Saturday: Museum day!

Finally.
This is not the museum, this is the museum school.
 Part of the plan was to get lunch at the cafe.  They recommend reservations, but I've never had trouble being seated.
The metal straw is new, though.  I do always get the ginger lemonade, though.
 I thought about getting the meatloaf sandwich, but the pasta special sounded good.
Penne with a bunch of three different mushrooms, with thyme and goat cheese.  I added the focaccia, which could have used some olive oil or something.  It was grilled, and had good grilled flavor.
It was a lot of lunch, but I wasn't sure if I wanted dessert.
Panorama of the cafe.
 Surprise!
It turns out I did.  Coffee gelato.
 Then I looked at art.  The temporary exhibitions didn't allow photos.

The modern gallery did.
 Because I didn't take a lot of photos, this looks a lot closer to lunch than it was.  It was about an hour and a half later.
They don't sell Wailua soda anymore, they make it with syrups.
 Asian galleries:
Monkey with lion mask.
 Hey, guys.
"Hey!"
 Wait, is that?
GREATEST TIGER IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD!
 Apparently this is Korean:
See?
 Still fighting, you two?
"Book!"
 That's in the Western galleries, as is this:
Still my favorite art joke, ever.
I don't think I've posted this before, but it's kind of depressing how terrible some people are.

Bust of Persephone.  Because people are awful and can't follow signs, they've stained the marble with the oils on their fingers.  Grow the fuck up.
 Jerks.
"Yeah, how about no more from you, ok, Mommy?"
"Wait, is that Stitch?"

Yes.  That is definitely Stitch.

Tar and feather Stitch, I guess.
That pretty much was all the art, but I decided to get some pastries from St. Germain's, since it's reasonably close, and dinner pastries sounded good.

No curry pan today, but I got a ham/cheese croissant, and a sausage roll.
 They were tasty, but I'm hungry again.  I have an apple turnover still.  And two blueberry doughnuts.





"GRR!  I'M NOMMING YOUR ROBES! SCARY TIGER!"

No comments:

Post a Comment