Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Wednesday: A solemn day.

Today started with Pearl Harbor.

And it was a nice day.
Good job, NPS.  I'm glad that this was one of the exhibits they had.

We did not go on the submarine.

We did not go to the Missouri, either.  They've raised prices, and we've seen it before.

We did go see the Arizona Memorial.
There was a quick stop at Target for some supplies for my parents, and then it was time to head to our next major destination of the day.
The National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific.
They are renovating the cemetery, so half of the names have been removed from the Courts of the Missing.  They will be replaced, and they have computers set up with images that can be flipped through in the meantime.

The overlook is wonderful.
And then I took a wrong turn leaving the cemetery, so we went the super long way up Tantalus and back down Round Top.  Then we had dinner, I forgot to take any pictures, and then I forgot that I could get my parking validated at the restaurant.  Oh well.

I also watched an episode of Nature, and it had a section talking about squirrels, and then this happened:
Because I guess WNET has the coolest online team ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment