Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday: A lack of plans.

Partially due to the fact that neither of the palaces are open on Sunday.  After a few things (including getting gas, since the last two days have kind of used it), the comment of "it'd be nice just to watch the ocean" came up.  Since it was lunch time, I suggested we drive out to the Outback steakhouse in Hawaii Kai.  It's generally at least decent, and it's one of the few places on the island that's not a resort that you can go and eat and watch the ocean.  Sure, it's through a window, and across the highway, but it still stretches out forever.

I didn't actually feel like a steak though, so I went with the chicken/shrimp pasta.
It's a bit rich, but yeah, this worked fine.

And then we stopped off to take a closer look at the ocean.
 In a further development of "while we're here," Bubbies is just one light down.
Blood orange and green tea.  Blood orange ice cream.  Imagine how delicious you think that'd be, and then double it.
 One place that is open all the time is the Pali Lookout.
Since it's outside and all.
I can never figure out how parking is supposed to work.  It's $3 a car load, for non-residents only.  So I guess I don't have to pay?  How do they know?

In any case, it was a clear day, but since the wind is blowing from the wrong direction, it wasn't as cool as it usually is.
Later, I suggested stopping by Maui Brewing in the hotel, largely as a scheme to validate my parking, and partially to have some appetizers to take the place of dinner.  Since lunch was pretty big, this seemed like the best solution.
They've added dishes since last time we came.  Which was like four days ago.
 Fried goat cheese with pineapple-chili sauce and tortillas.  They make the tortillas, which means they have a bit too much flavor for the filling.  Not bad, though.

Also the same nachos from last time.
The tomatillo salsa isn't my favorite, as it's a bit sour.  In any case, things were wrong the first time, and I guess they're really sensitive to that, despite it not really being that big of a deal.  They just opened, so it's not like they've been doing this for ages.  Also: totally a good deal, as validating four hours of parking for $6 means a savings of $26.  Also also: that's a totally fucking ridiculous price for parking.

This is my recent list after dumping 17 Pokemon I didn't care to check the stats on.  I also filled up on items.  Pokemon Go Plus makes it really easy to idle play a lot, assuming you're in a location with a Pokestop and a high enough spawn rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment