Thursday, February 9, 2017

Thursday: Everything hurts.

Today's plan was to go whale watching.  Unfortunately, whales wake up early, so I had to too.  Like 6am early.  I hate being awake when time shouldn't exist.  In any case, made it down to pick up everyone, made it over to park in the too-small lot, made it onto the boat.

This panorama doesn't quite do it justice, to see the entire island like that.
We chose the starboard side of the ship, which was the correct choice, as that was where the whales ended up being.  They're not easy to take pictures of, so I used the continuous mode whenever one came up.
Like this one in front of Waikiki.
Eventually I stopped taking pictures entirely, as it didn't seem totally productive.
This one in front of the airport.
By the time we got back to shore, it was lunch time.  So we drove out to Hawaii Kai.  I had a pretty decent shrimp melt, which ended up being too big to finish.  We then did a quick tour around the east side of the island.
Where you can see Lanai, Molokai, and Maui.

Eventually ending with some cheesecake as a stand alone dessert.
I also am now sunburnt, as I did not put on sunscreen like I should have, and now I will be unhappy with that decision.  I am super tired from being up since forever, and ache all over, as making sure you don't fall over on a boat is not the easiest thing ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment