Friday, February 17, 2017

Friday: Ugh I hate being sick.

It's just awful.  I'm still in the "gross head" phase of things, and I'm not looking forward to the "coughing so hard I pull muscles" phase.  I had originally planned to get sudafed at Safeway, and get a sandwich for lunch, but I put this plan together while sick, and conflated at least two Safeways together.  The one by work doesn't do pharmacy stuff.  This annoyed me, and I became further annoyed when they had ONE FUCKING PERSON working the entire deli/hot bar/sandwich bar, and I wasn't even the first person in line at the sandwich bar, and the person working decided that the mob of people who wanted fried chicken had to be served first, even though they got there later than the people at the sandwich bar, and she would have known that if she had told that jackass with the bluetooth headset to go fucking pay at the front LIKE EVERYONE ELSE instead of letting him check out at the hot bar.

So, it only took about a minute before I pulled my grocery bag from my basket, winged the basket across the floor to stop next to the rotisserie chickens, and declared, "FUCK THIS SHIT" and left.

I then went to Longs, where the pharmacist was helpful in getting me some sudafed ("which one?" "the one that works? IDK."), and I was able to buy some more kleenex, and then go to the bakery and get a sandwich, which even though they fucked up and put mayo on it, was still pretty ok.

I'm not kidding about this Tim Tams thing.

And I caught a lot more new Pokemon.  The Misdreavus was an egg hatch.  I'm not totally sure, but I think using the Go Plus makes it so I get egg distance more reliably.  I know it was just a 2km egg, but I just put it in to incubate yesterday.
When I woke up this morning, I knew I was sick and that I wanted soup, so I decided I would go get soup for dinner.  Soup isn't really totally filling, so I figured adding a side of mac and cheese would make it a complete meal.  Then I realized that just ordering sides might be weird.
I was assured it was "0" weird, so that's what I did.
This also gave me a chance to finish the Party City quest, and now I have plates to go with the napkins and cups and bright green plastic ware.  I have the minimum requirements for a theme party established.  Probably should plan out drinks and things, but I honestly don't know what we're doing yet.  There's more than a week, so it should work out ok.



No comments:

Post a Comment