Thursday, February 16, 2017

Thursday: Fine, Twitter. I bought the damn Tim Tams. You can stop asking about them now.

Because the last "twitter survey" thing was all "hey, did you see an ad about Tim Tams?  We're worried about this Tim Tams campaign.  Can you answer some questions about Tim Tams?"  I had not seen any Tim Tams ads.  Then, suddenly, after answering the survey, Tim Tams were all Twitter cared to advertise.  I bought them, Twitter.  YOU CAN STOP NOW.

I've also picked up a cold from my parents.  I am not happy about this.

Also, Gen 2 released for Pokemon Go, so I'm going to talk about playing dress up with my imaginary trainer.

This is what my trainer has looked like since forever.
I liked it, the purple design on the shirt is great, and I liked the contrast between the dark pants and the bright jacket.  Ditto on the shoes.  Everything's great.

But that all changed today.

This is what I got when I updated.
That's all wrong.  I do not like that jacket, and why did my hair change color?  That's messed up.  I don't like the gloves, or the shoes, or the belt, either.
But I can put on purple pants now?  
 So that's something, at least.  However, with that much purple, the jacket kind of clashes, as it isn't purple.
That's barely an option.  And there's a new design on the chest, but it's black on black?  WHY?
Except I guess I had the app open since this morning, and when the Gen 2 update went out, that apparently opened up more style options, and I needed to reload to see them.  Note that there is no "glasses" option in the previous pictures.
I can keep the purple backpack.
I eventually decided that there aren't enough Team Mystic options, as there are like four yellow options, three red ones, and like one blue one for everything.
So I guess the dark red jacket?  That works better with the purple than the blue one did.
There's a dark green, but that doesn't look quite right, either.
So yeah.  I guess this is what I'm going with.  Fixed the gloves, chose a reasonable new belt (has to be white to get the contrast), and I guess I go with yellow striped shoes, since the white ones I want don't exist anymore.  And it turns out my Buddy Haunter has been female this whole time.
 But there are glasses options.
The domino mask is silly.  It'd take awhile to build up that many PKMN coins to buy that.  I shouldn't get it.
 I kind of want it, though.
Regular glasses look good, too.  That's cheaper, but still a bit silly.  I'm still saving up to get a bigger bag.  I probably need to upgrade Pokemon space, as well, but I tend to prune that pretty aggressively.
Oh, yeah, Gen 2 released, and this is what I caught during a trip to get stuff at Long's.
Hoppip

Ladyba.

Hoothoot.

Houndoom.  I was surprised to see an evolved form, and it took like six ultra balls to catch.

Teddiursa.  This is one of my favorites from Gen 2.
And I guess the secret names for Espeon and Umbreon are Sakura and Tamao.  I think I have a couple decent Eevees still, so I'll have to do an evolution party this weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment