Monday, February 20, 2017

Monday: Hamilton is too long.

I came up with a great plan this morning.  I was going to drive to Mililani, get Five Guys for lunch, drive back to town, take H-3 to the other side of the island, and then drive back around the long way to Hawaii Kai, where I'd pick up a sandwich at Jersey Mike's for dinner, and then drive home.  "This will surely be a long enough drive that I will finally be able to hear all of the Hamilton soundtrack, even if it will be broken up into a few segments due to the stops.  I am sure I will get through it all.  I mean, it's only 142 minutes and 13 seconds.  Google is telling me this trip will take nearly two and a half hours, and I can always add on a quick trip out to the airport if I get close to home and it's not done yet.  That will add like another 15-20 minutes to the trip.

I should have known I was in trouble when I got here, and I was only at "Right Hand Man." 

I assume part of the problem is that Google assumed there'd be traffic, and with the holiday today, there wasn't really any traffic.

Similarly, not being done with the first disk by the time I got here wasn't a good sign.
 I haven't heard the whole thing before, but I have enough passing knowledge to know that there was a lot of his life to get through, and I just wasn't going at an acceptable rate.

"Schuyler Defeated".  I should have realized I was defeated at this point, too.
I added the extension to the airport, but I had to admit it wasn't going to work by that point.  I sat in the car to let "The Election of 1800" finish, but stopped there.  Alex is still alive, his son isn't, and Jefferson is president.

ETA: I just checked my google maps search, and it claimed 2:38 for that trip, but I just noticed that in click-dragging to make the long way trip to Jersey Mike's, I clicked the wrong segment, so it had me doing the H-1 through town segment four times.  That's why I wasn't able to finish the soundtrack.

No comments:

Post a Comment