Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sunday: It's always weird to wake up cold.

I mean, it's the tropics.  And sure, 74 isn't technically "cold."  But I also always have a fan going, and I never use my blanket, and the trades were blowing in from the mountains, so the combination of all that made my apartment less comfortable than I would have preferred when I woke up.  It also was a sign that going for a walk yesterday was a mistake, since it would be much more pleasant to do it today.

In any case, I woke up and decided I wanted a burger, but a really good burger, and also I should have bought those freezy things you freeze in the freezer, and then use to keep things cold when I was at Target yesterday.  So: Kapolei!

Kua Aina really does make one of the best burgers.  I had to dump some of the lettuce and tomato when it got difficult to eat, but that's one of the reddest tomatoes I've had at a restaurant.  Plus, they way they cook the burgers means they have a real grill char, and that's what I wanted today.
 And they're next to Target.
This picture here just so I could see if the regular phone camera picture came out better.  It looked like it did on the phone, but the Twitter camera colors look fine.  I still don't understand why Twitter frames things weird.
And that Target didn't have any of those freezy things.  They basically had nothing I was looking for, except for soap and discount valentine's candy.

Then I drove back to town.

And it was such a nice day that I went out to the park to walk again.
 It was so much better today.  Constant breeze, the sun was hiding behind some clouds, there were only three bounce-castle parties instead of six.
I don't know why the mosaic darkened the sky there.  The preview was clean.
I didn't even have to battle the gym.  It was already Team Mystic, so I could just pop my Rhydon in without any trouble.

See?
When I came around on the second lap, I was already kicked out, and the gym was being fought.  I'm pretty sure I saw the guy who was doing it, as he was sitting on one of the benches (not the gym bench, though).  I'd already collected, so it's not like I was losing out on anything.  I healed up Rhydon and kept going.  Although when I was leaving, I checked and the gym was again Team Mystic, so someone was watching.

Also Totodile.  I need to clear out some duplicate Gen 2 Pokemon, because the Go Plus makes it too easy to come dangerously close to the limit.  I had it on "Pokestop only" mode most of the day, only flipping on "Both" mode when I got to the park.
 Walking around made me hungry, and I still wanted freezy things, so I went to the mall.
Because kaiten sushi can be eaten in whatever quantities you want.
Then I found freezy things at the Container Store.  I wanted the flatter ones, but I can deal with these.

Hey, why not.  It's just regular Pepsi.


No comments:

Post a Comment