Friday, May 20, 2016

Um. Ok?

I'm sitting at home, eating dinner.  A drug commercial comes on, and I'm thoroughly confused.  This isn't the exact same commercial as the one I saw (my old guy had two granddaughters, not the single grandson in this one), but it's sufficiently close for me to take screen shots of the animated side story.

The Big Bad Wolf is harassing the three pigs again.

But he's old now.

And can't get up enough breath to blow their house down, presumably so he can murder and eat them, as-you-do.

Nope.  Not working.

Guess it's time to go home instead.

"Yay!  No destruction of property and murder for us today!  Thank you, COPD!"

"Yeah, Doc, I don't know.  I just can't blow houses down anymore.  That's like 70% of my job!"

"That's because you have COPD, an obstructive lung disease that makes it difficult for your lungs to function properly."

"Symbicort can help!"

And it does help.

Those candles didn't stand a chance.

And then everyone has cake, because the wolves have a vibrant modern society in which they can purchase cakes and celebrate both birthdays and the wonders of pharmaceuticals.

What happens the next day?

An idea!

"Look at those smug motherfucking pigs."

"I think it's time for some ham sandwiches!"

I'm not saying that AstraZeneca, a global pharmaceutical corporation, is really suggesting that the strong should pillage and murder the weak, but that's kind of the vibe I get from this commercial.  Or, I guess we can go with the youtube uploader's comment:

That's an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment