Saturday, May 28, 2016

Saturday: Operation Peanut Butter is go.

Last week, I talked about peanut butter on burgers, and how it was something that had never occurred to me before.  So I went to HBC today to give it a try, since they do good burgers there.

"We're not going to have fries for fifteen minutes."

"Um, ok?  I'll go get groceries and come back then," since I was going to get groceries afterwards.  In any case:

It turns out that putting peanut butter on a burger makes it super messy.
Like crazy messy.  But it works far better than I would have thought.  I think a bit less would be easier, both in terms of mess and balance.  The bites with lots of bacon work best, and the grilled onions worked well.  The burger really needs to be seasoned more, as well, to get the salty/sweet combo.

Also, HBC now has one of the magic infinite flavor Coke machines which is nice.  And I did get fries, they just weren't out when I started on the burger.




No comments:

Post a Comment