Saturday, May 7, 2016

Saturday: Wait, didn't I do this last year, too?

Yes, it turns out I did.

Anyway, it was free comic book day.  There was the Mars Attacks alien you can see on the right, and a Star Wars First Order Officer. 
Let's skip ahead to when I got home to see what I got:


Free comic book day.  Again.

That Boom sampler I mentioned yesterday.

This was recommended on twitter by someone, so I'll see what it's about.

I like Oshawott.
They were allowing up to six free comics, but I didn't care about the Civil War tie in, the ROM space knight reboot, or whatever dumpster fire DC was doing.
And they had volume two of Lumberjanes.

And volume three, so hey, why not?

They also had Giant Days, which is written by John Allison, creator of Lottie Grote, greatest webcomic character ever.  I figured it was worth checking out.

Also they had volume two, oops.
Then I drove all the way across the island like last year.

And had ice cream.  Mint chocolate chip and chocolate cinnamon.  CC wasn't really what I was hoping for.

And then I saw Captain America, but at the 3:50 showing, not the 2:50 showing the ticket claims.  Considering I bought it at 3:19, it's pretty clear the ticket lady clicked the wrong thing.
It's good.  It actually makes sense, which is far more than can be said about the original comic series.  Tony needs to calm down, Steve needs to calm down, Sony did the right thing by calming down and releasing their hold on Spider-Man, who is going to make them a gajillion dollars when they make his movie.  The movie does break up the gang a lot, explaining why they're doing side stories until Infinity War in two years (also a FCBD movie, I guess, with Guardians of the Galaxy 2 being the one next year).  That kind of makes sense, as whatever Infinity War contains, it's probably going to be sufficiently dire that all the "you broke stuff!" and "you killed people!" and "you're all a bunch of dangerous loose cannons!" and "you need to be regulated!" stuff can be thrown out.  "Oh, look, it's an evil space titan.  Can we team up again and fight like we're supposed to, or is 'stop the evil space titan' something we should put up for debate?"

And then I got Greek, which was honestly like half the reason I drove out to Koko Marina again.

  •  Captain America stuff.
    • Stuff like this makes it look like the Black Panther movie will be good.
    • Agree with this.
    • A good review.
    • The first comment here sums up a lot of my thoughts: "Why would Thanos need a gun."  I'm glad I didn't get that Civil War FCBD comic, because this is just dumb.  I don't think She-Hulk is going to be taken down by a missile either.  I tried to find her getting blown up in my archive, but the art is so bad I had to stop.
  • Economics stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment