Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thursday: Hopefully the last math post for a while

I think I finally sorted out the issue today:  It's the Levenberg-Marquardt step.  The code is too aggressive with the lambda parameter, and as such, obtains a false minimum after a handful of iterations.  That minimum is decent, but isn't great, and we probably shouldn't be stopping there.  I played with how to change lambda around a few ways, but it either stops at the false minimum or runs until the iteration limit stops it.  It's just a matter of tuning, I guess.

Boot squirrel.

The last link is something that you are going to have to stick with me for.  First, you need to know what a "google whack" is.  Next, you need to read this article on cracked, specifically #5.  Then, you need to use your vast useless knowledge of Dungeons and Dragons and note how that is remarkably close in spelling and concept to this creature.  Finally, you get this:
I can't actually use the words because that'd break it.
Unfortunately, I can't get that link to load, so I can't see if they're making the same connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment