Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday: Less good sushi options

I've been trying to expand my selections at the sushi place, as I don't want to be boring and get the same thing every time.  I think they have like ~110 options, so limiting myself to only five or six regular options would be dumb.  However, occasionally it goes wrong.

Texas roll and ika karaage.  I like calamari, so why haven't I gotten this before.

Unakyu roll.  Using Japanese contraction math: Unakyu = Una[gi] + Kyu[cumber].  It's an eel and cucumber roll.  Not bad, but not quite as good as the standard unagi nigiri.

This is where things went wrong.  Tendon shrimp.  I thought it'd just be regular shrimp in a tempura batter on the nigiri.  Nope.  Notice how the top shrimp kind of has an eye?  Yeah, these still have the shells on them, so I was able to take one bite before realizing this was not the dish for me.  Only one I think I've ever not finished.  But seriously, how gross does that sound?  It still has wiggly legs attached.

  • Food-like related links.
    • Nope.
    • I'm pretty sure I've had this before when I was a kid.  If I remember correctly, it had a mix for the crust, and a can of sauce.  It wasn't the best ever pizza, but it wasn't objectionable to a four-six year old.  However, my mom also never followed any of the horror that "International Pizza Parade" brings up.
    • Reasons for cake.
  • Red pandas.

No comments:

Post a Comment