Monday, August 12, 2013

Monday: I felt artistic today

Monday is always terrible because it's full of meetings.  During the part of meeting 2 that was a duplicate of part of meeting 1, I became suddenly bored.  So I drew a tiny house.  The boredom continued, so I put a tiny tree next to the tiny house.  This unbalanced the framing, so I decided to draw a sun in the sky. Instead of my standard "straight line" rays, I went with the more cartoonish "triangle fringe" rays.  This made the sun look a bit like a lion, so I completed the picture by drawing in two eyes and a sideways "3" kitty mouth.


Then, later in the day, I saw this news story in my twitter feed, with the title "Big Isle tries to deal with threatening trees."  This was what immediately popped into my head:
I added the extra "rar!" because I decided that the threatening tree wasn't scary enough, even with its weapons, spooky teeth, and demands for undeserved financial compensation.

  • I guess all other radios can go away now.  This one is the best looking one ever, and it's eighty years old.
  • Lightning pizza.
  • Breaking news: R. GLENN HUBBARD and TIM KANE are fucking shitbags.  And that's only because I'm too tired to come up with more inventive insults.  Seriously, if you can read this, and not want to punch them in the face for being lying assholes, you're a better person than me.  Balanced budget amendment my ass.
  • This is why I don't understand the wikileaks people's obsession with "we have to go to places outside the reach of the evil US government!"  Your new poster boy fled to Russia, which is brazenly announcing that they're planning on maybe arresting people who visit for the Olympics, just because they don't realize we live in the 21st century.  On top of that, the Olympics committee is basically saying, "don't make any waves, or we'll kick you out of our little sports party" if you point out how fucking shitty that is, most likely because the corporate sponsors who fund everything don't want to have bad publicity.  So, legally codified human rights violations and a bunch of corporate sponsors who just want to make some money are way better than the US, right?  You can claim all you want that you just want to expose secrets and show people "the truth," but if you're doing that not only without a concept of justice, but with the backing of actual injustice, you've lost all credibility. Plus, get a look at how those stupid fucks in the first picture in the first link give a thumbs up.  That's not up, jackass.  You want to be on the same team as people who don't know a simple gesture?
  • Here are 100 bunnies, because after that rant, I needed to look at bunnies, so maybe you need to do so now too.
  • Dear the Mythbusters, if you say "we used sulfuric acid plus another secret chemical, and it was super effective, but we're not going to tell you what the secret chemical is because SAFETY," you might want to remember that we have the internet now, and it's pretty easy to figure things out.  Even when you're not that kind of scientist, and didn't even like chemistry when you took it.
  • While we're talking about deadly things, here's a review of an episode of ST:TNG that I remember thinking was incredibly stupid because everyone has to leave the Enterprise because of a "baryon sweep."  Where they shoot baryons at the ship. Baryons.  It's not like those are common (not these).

No comments:

Post a Comment