Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tuesday: Well, that killed any hope of getting something done this evening

My sink was clogged, as was my neighbor's.  They were going to unclog it from his side today.  I get home to discover my kitchen floor covered in water and a hole in the trap on my kitchen sink.  No, this is not the first time this has happened.  It's a new neighbor now, though, and he was using a proper plumber, so that's an improvement.

The "good" news is that the building manager was able to get the plumber to come back out immediately, fix the pipe, and properly clear out the clog.  So I guess it's all better now, but it still sucked.  Plus, I'm pretty sure that once one of those foam kitchen mat things gets soaked, it's probably better to just throw it out and buy a new one.  I guess I'm going to Target this weekend.

Rear wheel drive bear is having some problems.

  • And then there were red pandas, and everything was better.  Especially after picture #3.
  • Shashank Tripathi is a douchebag.
  • David Brooks thinks that appeasing terrorists is the best way to deal with them.  Sorry, not terrorists, Republicans.
  • Cookies!
  • Pebbles is my favorite character, despite only being in the comic for less than 10% of it's lifetime.
  • Star Wars.  I'm going to be crazy here, and suggest that George is sick or something.  According to this, his pre-deal worth was in the $3.5e9 range, so this deal basically doubles that.  This suggests however, that the true value of Lucasfilm is much higher, in the $30e9 range.  I couldn't find enough info to make my own estimate, but let's say that's not implausibly out of range.  So, the deal is an order of magnitude lower than it probably should be.  Now, postulate the George is sick (or something).  He wants to be sure that things are taken care of, so he signs a deal that ensures his hand-picked executives are in place and that everything is protected by legions of mouse-eared lawyers.  Plus, he immediately has a bunch of money to do whatever he wants now, before this hypothetical illness (or something) gets too bad.  Alternate explanation: he's sick of dealing with people bitching about Episode 1, and decided to sell to Disney out of the same level of "fuck-you-itude" he demonstrated here.

No comments:

Post a Comment