Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday: Patty Melts

I really wanted a patty melt today, and after scanning some menus, ended up halfway across the island.
I seriously doubt that anyplace in history ever looked like this.
Farrells isn't that great, but they do have a properly designed patty melt.  Rye, American and Swiss cheeses, single patty, etc.  The onions weren't cooked as much as they should have been, and were kind of extra greasy.  Still, it mostly solved the patty melt issue, although I'm tempted to get groceries tomorrow and make my own again.
Not the best picture I could have taken.

Root beer float.  Made with warm root beer as far as I could tell.
So yeah.  Even though they were showing old black and white cartoons, I'm pretty sure I'm not going back.

"I really wish this grill would warm up so I could make dinner."

  • No.
  • Speaking of old cartoons, I should watch this.
  • I once tried to see how much it would cost to fly to Easter Island, after reading some news article.  Doing that again shows that it's much more reasonable, costing only $1600.  The current flights are also only like 36 hours long, going HNL-LAX-MEX-SCL-IPC.  The previous ones connected through Miami instead of Mexico City.

No comments:

Post a Comment