Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday: Can we all just agree that Tuesday is by far, the most jerk of a day ever?

I think the facts speak for themselves on this one.

Wasn't planning on posting this, but I clicked too fast when uploading.  Anyway. Just so you know. You're Grr-ific!

Is this too large? Too bad, I like this kind of 3D movie.
 Which concerns me, because I kind of want to see the new Silent Hill movie, but if it's going to be only available in 3D, then I'm not going.  Because I'm old and cranky, and hate wearing silly masks that make the movie annoying to watch.
Hm.  That seems somewhat unlikely.  Let's ask some experts
Care to comment Randy Butternubs and Lady Quietbottom?
Double links since I didn't want to add them to yesterday's post:
  • I've met business douchebags before.  You can pretty much tell exactly when you start talking to them that they fit firmly in the "business douchebag" category.  Shit like this makes it clear to me that this category also contains Paul Ryan.
  • Joe Biden is the greatest VP ever, not because of what he does or says, but because he's only slightly less macro friendly than cats.  Plus, laughing at your opponent during a debate does win extra points in my book.
  • Catwoman.
  • The system isn't really stable, and although everyone seems to realize this, there's not much in the way of solutions.  I would like to present a modest proposal: Allow the formation and funding of Mad Science Institutions.  After the first few years, they will probably be able to accumulate their own funding through some secondary scheme.  Plus, Mad Science has a known set of dangers not found in the standard set of projects.  Spies, ninjas, mutant dogs, congressional inquiries, inexplicable vats of acid, and accidental teleportation incidents are just some of dangers that are greatly more likely in the Mad Science field.  This ensures a constant need for replacement scientists, easing the current grad school/post doc job pressure.  Besides, imagine the conferences.  Every talk would start with, "The Fools!  The absolute Fools! They said I'd never do it, but I DID!  Behold!" and then like laser bunnies or something.  Plus: laser bunnies.  I think this is a win-win-win situation.
  • This kid has unusual concerns.
  • I really want this.  Given that I need to replace my DS anyway, it might be more worthwhile to buy the 3ds thing, and then glue the 3d into the off position.  Choices.
  • Grown up jobs.  This ties in with the previous proposal. Mad Scientists can pretty much science in pajamas if they want.  It would almost seem weird if they didn't.
  • 1) disagree; 2) agree; 3) disagree; 4) agree; 5) agree; 6) agree, but with the added comment that once a solution exists, the mystery is gone and the project quickly becomes boring; 7) disagree.  What do you think?
  • Because yesterday's Adventure Time was pretty much terribly perfect and other contradictory thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment