Friday, December 30, 2011

Uncle Billy's

It really wouldn't be a visit to Austin without some barbecue.  This time we went to Uncle Billy's.  We brought the puppy, so we sat outside (which made things cool off quickly, but wasn't too bad).
Obligatory menu picture.

OMP #2.
Started with chips and queso and salsa.  The chips were tasty, I think because they were loaded with salt.  Queso was creamier than most, but since we were outside, it congealed a bit.  The salsa was spicy, but had a decent fresh flavor.

Someone made a mess with the queso.
I went with the two-meat plate, choosing moist brisket and sausage as my two meats.  I thought both were fine, and the burnt edge you can see on the one slice of brisket was super delicious.  The sausage had a bit of spice, but nothing overwhelming.  The mac and cheese I got was a bit lacking in cheesiness.  More cheese is never a bad thing, especially when it's the second ingredient in the name.  The onion rings were close to the top of the best I've had, with a light crispy coating and sweet onion insides.

My dinner.
Other people got other things.  There was an incident with the one BBQ sauce, but other than some clothes and a certain puppy with an ear covered in sauce, it wasn't a disaster.

Other people's dinners.
 Also I miss cider.
I had a Strongbow, since this is pretty much impossible to find in Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment