Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thursday: OMG TOO MUCH SRIRACHA!

Apparently the only picture I took today.
Dinner was leftovers again.  I decided to make a tactical strike, and concentrated on eliminating the mac&cheese, accompanied by some turkey.  Since turkey is getting a bit bland, I decided to add a bit of sriracha to the plate to perk up the flavor.  I then proceeded to:

  1. stick way too much sriracha onto the first bite of turkey
  2. decide that the dairy in the mac & cheese would solve that
  3. burn my mouth because the m&c was about 9000 degrees
Yay for planning.

On that subject, I'm thinking that saturday I'm going to make turkey soup for dinner, using all the "hard-to-use" bits of the bird I have in my freezer.  I don't think I really have too much to get to make that happen, maybe just a bit of crusty bread or something.  A bit more veggies wouldn't hurt either.  In any case, I'm hoping that that will cover dinner for saturday and sunday (maybe monday?), and then I can just freeze the rest for when I'm sick and want homemade soup instead of canned.

That means I have to sort out something for tomorrow's dinner, but I might just go out or something.  Anyway, here's a handful of bunny:



2 comments:

  1. 1) flying squirrels aren't cute
    a) how fucking disgusting is having a rodent in an ER?
    2) Are you going to make a stock out of the turkey?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not cute?
    "Iz flyng!"
    http://noahhunt.org/FlyingSquirrel/FlyingSquirrel.jpg
    "Iz noms!"
    http://www.batguys.com/images/squirrels/gal-flying-squirrel.jpg
    "Iz babies!"
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_M9JRlA_879c/SSWvdjf0qsI/AAAAAAAABOU/IlvgYU0QaOQ/s400/BabyFlyingSquirrel.jpg
    "Iz watchin!"
    http://tonypratt.com/wp-content/uploads/flying-squirrels-4-5-2008_040508_2224.jpg

    But yeah, I can see that maybe wild animals shouldn't be in an ER. That doesn't seem to be super sanitary.

    My plan isn't really to make stock (I chucked the carcass, since I didn't have space in the freezer for it). I'm going to start with veggies, then dump in the wings/legs/maybe a thigh, then cover with water/chicken stock, and simmer it until the meat falls off the bones. Then the plan is to cook some egg noodles in it, and dish that up (possibly only add a serving's worth of noodles to keep them not-soggy).

    ReplyDelete