Saturday, December 24, 2011

Saturday: twidroyd is now ubersuck

I hate when android app developers think that they need to keep expanding and updating their programs until they're piles of shit.  I used to use twidroyd, and although it was kind of crappy, it at least let me read all my tweets with only a minimum amount of hassle.  However, they updated, and pretty much broke everything.

  • It now has ads.  I'm not against people trying to earn money, but not when you make it as annoying and offensive as possible.  Why would I ever want to see an ad that takes up half of my screen?  I'm not going to click on it anyway, because a) I already have a mobile phone (duh), and b) if I want pizza, I'm not going to order it from a leeching middleman.
  • It's now less responsive than using smoke signals to alert a team of turtles that I'd like them to personally deliver my tweets.  Which UI genius thought that I wanted to wait for user images to load while scrolling through the timeline? I can read, Captain Slowdown, I don't need to see the picture if I'm in a hurry.  If the picture isn't available, keep moving, and cache it for next time.
  • Looking at it funny makes it reset the timeline to the top.  If you have a link and image preview feature, but I can't make any use of it because I'll then have to scroll back down from the very top, then you don't have that feature, because it's useless.  There's already a way to jump back to the top (although you move it on the menu every damn version), so why would I want that to happen automatically?

Basically, I wish these developers would try to think up new ideas instead of shitting all over the things they've already made.

No comments:

Post a Comment