Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday: unsuccessful errands

One of the things I wanted to do today was go see if I could find a mini/micro usb converter.  That way, I would only need to bring one cable, and could convert for the devices that take the other cable.  Radio Shack claims they have this one in most stores, and list the price as $1.98.  Decent enough, given that it's basically four wires and a sheath in a chunk of plastic.  However, the actual store was selling it for $17.  Dear Radio Shack, this is part of the reason no one wants to buy things from you.  If your markup is 750%, then you can go fuck yourself. I'll tack one on to an amazon order in the future and take two cords on this trip.

I did stop in to get lunch at Curry House Coco Ichiban at the mall:
Not bad, although I tend to like my curry full of veggies and meat and stuff.  This was basically just a sauce, although it was pretty tasty.

Apparently I only have Pokemon links today:

  • Puns are funny.
  • So wait, they're making this game, but this game is just a mock up? The universe is not fair. (In case you don't want to look it up, Nobunaga's Ambition was a decent strategy game I remember playing on the NES.  It was reasonably complicated, but still rather fun.  Pokemon Snap is one of the greatest games of all time, where you ride a car on a fixed path and take pictures of Pokemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment