Monday, December 12, 2011

Monday: And now it's super rainy again


I probably should have cut the salmon like I did last time, as this was kind of a lot of fish to eat in one sitting.  Another thing that I would probably do if I had the hardware would be to burn the top across the entire fish with a brulee torch.  That burnt bit was the tastiest part of the entire meal.  The honey nicely caramelized, giving those bites a wonderful sweet/salty taste.

The asparagus was just thrown under the broiler with the fish, but it did pick up a bit of the marinade run off.  I did the mashed potatoes using the steaming method, and threw in a couple cloves of garlic as well.  I finished them with a bit of the shiso furikake, which may now by my favorite thing to put on mashed potatoes.  It adds all the salt that's needed to finish them off.

"gimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimmegimme!"
  • Panhandler kitty (unfortunately I couldn't find a proper news story).
  • When in doubt, claim a prior engagement and run away, because otherwise you're going to show everyone that you're basically a bigot. And running for president.
  • Probably wouldn't post this, except those are two of my favorites (it's still creepy, though).
  • This was today's Honolulu groupon (link to the actual people).  Unfortunately, despite what they claim, none of the "name a star" things are real.  That makes it a bit depressing that "over 60" were bought. Sure, it's great that they mail a your name and your fake claim up into space (where it inevitably burns up on re-entry, just like your dreams), but it doesn't really mean anything.  So, I'm going to save myself the $14 per star, and claim all 31ish of these stars.  Then, I'm going to write that on a piece of paper, and throw it away.  See, I just stole $434 from this company, and I used more than one groupon at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment