Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Travelling: part 2

The flight from IND to IAH wasn't very eventful.  I did get the exit row, which was nice, as that plane/route/whatever doesn't really offer the large area of larger leg room seats.  I did discover that IND has a Qdoba before security, so now I'm tempted to get a burrito there next time before I fly out.  I figure that they must see burritos all the time, right?  They know that a burrito is not a bomb? 

Also: Note for Future Me:  There's a secret "Expert and Frequent Flyers" lane at IND, which you can totally use if you just try.  Basically, you skip standing in the line with the regular people, and get to jump immediately to the guy who checks IDs.  I wonder if you're an "expert" just by virtue of not standing in line with other people.

Then I got to Houston.  Houston has the A/C turned up way too high in the airport.  Since I'd seen the burrito place earlier, I had them on my mind, so when I saw the place making these:
I had to stop in and get one.  I should probably ask for the salsa on the side next time, though.  You get a free tiny bag of chips, and they're not very good plain.  Besides that, I got the habenero salsa, which is hotter than I was looking for.  It was fine on the top of the burrito, but there was a puddle of salsa at the bottom, which nearly killed me.  I had to go to the newsstand to get a bottle of water and bar of chocolate to get rid of the heat.  I have no clue what the guy at the counter thought, but given that I could barely see through the tears, I'm sure he knew that something was up.

On the flight from IAH->AUS, I had chosen another exit row, but did get the upgrade.  That's totally worth it for the 25 minute flight.  Oh well, kind of a #firstworldproblem.  The nice thing about this flight was that it had DirectTV for each seat on the plane.  I'm not sure if this is a regular thing, but I really hope that the flight next week from IAH->HNL will have this.  I spent the flight watching Powerpuff Girls and Teen Titans.
Starfire.

Raven, Cyborg, Robin. In the snow.

Beast Boy. Also in the snow.

I then got to pet a puppy when I arrived:
In her sweatshirt to stay warm.
Completely unrelated other puppy that I had in the queue:


No comments:

Post a Comment