Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday: Disaster in Burgertopia!

I had planned on cooking stuff I bought yesterday for dinner tonight, but then decided that I probably didn't buy enough scallops to do that, so I'll cook all of them tomorrow for dinner, but that left dinner today undecided.

Or lunch, since it's the weekend, and I tend to move to "one big afternoon meal" on weekends.  I thought maybe a burger would be nice, and since I wanted to get a few groceries, maybe Burgers on the Edge would work.

Except that they've closed.

Exactly.
That meant that I had to choose a different burger place, and made my foie gras craving jump up to infinity.  This led to the conclusion that I can buy my own foie gras, and so now I think I know what I'm making for myself later this week.
Also, did you know you could cheese tots now?  These were a bit overcooked, but still not warm enough, but I think this gets the cheese/not cheese ratio better than the fry option.
After eating, I discovered an interesting fact: Kilauea Fire Sauce + mint gum = cumin flavor.  Odd.


No comments:

Post a Comment