Sunday, December 6, 2009

Holy fuck, that burger



I've been following the Burgers on the Edge twitter stream for months now.  Due to me being lazy, I've been meaning to go, but never got around to it. Since I was going to the Safeway it's next to anyway (see previous post for details there), I figured this would be a good chance to visit.  When I took a look at the menu, I knew immediately what I had to try.

The Parisian.

It's the type of thing that looks a lot like the crazy thing they stick on the menu because they don't think anyone's going to get it. Grilled onions? Sure. Caramelized apples? On a burger? That's a bit odd, but why not. Wagyu beef? That's kind of a stretch for just a burger, but probably works. So why is this burger $17?




Probably has something to do with that quarter inch thick slice of foie gras on top. It's been a long time since I've had foie gras, since the place I used to go in Michigan shut down.

Although I can't find any reference to it in the menu, there was also a wonderful wine sauce.  That was a bit heavy, which was really my only complaint. In any case, this was easily one of the best burgers I've ever had, and was totally worth the price.  More things need to have gratuitous foie gras.

To pair with this burger, I decided that it was worth going all out and getting their truffled shoestring fries (with parmesan and parsley).  These didn't really have the truffle taste I remember from other things with truffles, but since I think it's just an application of truffle oil, that's not much of a surprise to me.  These paired perfectly with the burger, since regular fries would probably be overpowered.

I'm going to have to try BotE more in the future. I should try some of the more regular burgers next, since I probably shouldn't be spending $25 everytime I want a burger.

No comments:

Post a Comment