Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Tuesday: I finally found the damn bug at work

Computer bug, not insect bug.
The fog in the background makes me think of a different bus.
This one.

  • I apparently missed this story before.  I'm kind of curious what store they're going to replace it with. I can't think of many that can fill a three story mall location.  They must have some idea if they paid that much to end the lease.
  • Cats are jerks.
  • I kind of disagree with this study.  It's presenting the deaths by fraction of total crew.  That's somewhat reasonable, but my recollection is that most deaths occur on away missions.  Therefore, I think you need to fold in a term to account for the probability of dying on one of those missions.  Since the main characters always return, this term is going to suggest strongly that if you're wearing red and go on an away mission, you're not coming home.
  • This story makes some sense, but kind of comes off like a conspiracy theory.  "The south tries to force workers into low paying jobs by stripping away anything that could allow them to organize or easily switch jobs."
  • Of course, then I find this story, of a Republican governor in the south hacking at unemployment benefits in a way that could be seen to keep people in low paying jobs from fear of being unable to support themselves without it.
  • And then Sam Brownback does shit like this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment