Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday: President's Day!

That means it's a day off.  Due to circumstances totally under my control, I used this day to get sushi at a different place:
Yes, the strawberry soda won the battle of "don't I sound tasty?"
It's always so clear when I go to Genki why I usually do KuruKuru.  Genki is more expensive, with most things at the $3.80 price point instead of the $2.75 at Kuru.  The ahi looked terrible today, and Kuru always has nice bright red slices.  The spicy ebi roll above had a weird mix of sweet&sour sauce instead of the spicy mayo.  Not very good.  I also had bad unagi today, with rice that wasn't packed together at all.  So, it's more expensive, not as tasty, and I question their sauce choices.  Strawberry soda was good, though.
And yes, those are french fries drifting away from me. French fries.
The reason for the less desirable sushi place was that I finally decided to stop being lazy and do the standard President's Day thing: buying furniture.  Today's goal was to get a new bed, and I successfully did that.  Hopefully this will help me with the "waking up with horrible pain everywhere" problem.  It's also being delivered on Saturday, so I don't have that long to wait.
"Listen. Just leave the keys in the ignition, and step out of the bus.  No one has to get hurt today.  You tell the police whatever you want.  You'll never be able to give a decent description of us with these masks on."
  • Usually my police links aren't this funny. I don't really see that this is something that really needs a serious investigation.
  • I think the more accurate description of this ad is, "Even Christopher Columbus is like, 'WTF is this shit?'".
  • Jobs for astronomers.  I hope I won't need a new one anytime soon, but I thought this was interesting.
  • I watched the original video, since I usually do video games via youtube now.  In any case, this gifset is worth looking at.  It's unclear, but there are two people playing the game, each controlling part of the controls.
  • "Broccoli Cilantro." Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment